by Kate Grobey, 2019-21 staff alum
Greetings SSP community! As we wrap up our 2021 summer program, we are grateful we got to see many of you online, and we joyfully anticipate seeing more of you next year!
While we have been unable to gather in person, SSP’s HQ and summer staff have been collaborating on several projects behind the scenes, in preparation for future in-person programs. One of those projects is revisiting SSP’s beloved songbook. So far, we’ve come up with a lot of ideas for what we’d like to improve before next year! These include:
- Compiling training resources for song leaders
- Providing chord modifications and charts for more accessible playing
- Adding instructions for movement and SSP-style singing
- Considering carefully how songs align with our theology, traditions, goals, etc.
- Pruning out songs that are past their time to make room for more songs we love!
Here’s where you come in! We’d love to hear from the SSP community. What do you love about the songbook? What would make it even better? Are there any songs you’d like to sing at SSP? Use this Google form to add your suggestions and submissions.
Editor’s Note: We can’t wait to sing together in-person again! Attend our virtual Town Hall on September 8 to hear more about these opportunities.