Current Availability (spaces available):
Please note the program schedule may be subject to change by volunteer interest.
Note: Sessions with an asterisk (*) indicate 5-night sessions. All others are 6-night, and run Sundays-Saturdays.
*5-night sessions run Sundays-Fridays, with the exception of Smith River Week 6 (Monday-Saturday).
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: San Diego Week 6 is currently open to any group type. The first group to register can determine the session type and length of the week! It is listed as intergenerational above to convey its flexibility.
2022 Summer Program Documents:
- 2022 Summer Information Packet
- 2022 Summer Preparation Packet – available spring 2022
- Safe Community Policy (updated April 2020)
Summer Registration Timeline
To register, you’ll need your group type, total number of youth/young adult/adult participants, session date and location, and a $60 deposit per person.
- October 1-31:
- Priority registration open (Google Form, not on MySSP)
- Info packet available
- Early November:
- Priority placements
- Sign-ups shift to first-come, first-served
- Deposits due 11/30
- Program schedule published (see above)
- Additional dates & information in program packets
How to register
- All sign-ups this year are completed through a Google Form due to in-process upgrades to MySSP, our online registration and volunteer portal.
- If you represent a new group, complete the New Group Login Request form. If you are a new liaison for a group that already attends SSP, email Veronica Russell to update your account.
- Meet with your volunteers to select a session before registering.
- Determine the total number of spots your group wants to reserve.
- Groups attending High School only sessions must have a ratio of at least one adult per four youth (1:4).
- Groups attending Combined and Middle School only sessions must have a ratio of at least one adult per three youth (1:3).
- Groups attending Intergenerational sessions should have a minimum of one adult per four youth (1:4) if bringing youth volunteers, but a higher ratio is also welcome.
- Be sure to confirm, using the table above, that there are enough spaces available for your group during your session of choice.
- To register, you’ll need your group type, total number of youth and adults, session date and location, and a $60 deposit per person.
- Your deposit must be received at the time of registration via credit or debit card online for your group’s spots to be reserved.
- We highly suggest collecting deposits from families in advance to encourage financial investment in the trip, and avoid drops later in the year.