SSP created a Youth Advisory Council (YAC) in 2020 to develop leadership skills in teenagers and ensure youth have an active voice in shaping SSP’s programs.
Details about YAC:
– All high school aged youth are invited to sign-up for the 2023-2024 school year
– YAC meets monthly for 1 hour via Zoom
– In January, YAC members will gather in-person for a retreat. SSP pays for travel costs, food, and lodging.
Three to four YAC members serve on SSP’s Board of Directors in the following year, acting as a liaison between YAC and the board. These youth have the same voting privileges and responsibilities as adult board members.
Take some time to compose your answers to the essay questions below, limiting your responses to about 200 words.
Applications due Sunday, September 17!
- Please describe some of the memorable experiences you have had with SSP. How and why has SSP been a formative and important experience for you?
- Why do you want to serve on SSP’s Youth Advisory Council?
- What skills and strengths do you bring to YAC?