Volunteer at a Day of Service
Days of Service are available in North Sacramento! Projects will be building a community garden (fall 2022), and fence repair and replacement (beginning spring 2023).
Youth under the age of 18 need parent permission and youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Sierra Service Project Provides
- T-shirt and lunch
- PPE for all volunteers and staff (work gloves, masks, rapid tests – feel free to bring your own!)
- A well-planned project for your group
- All project materials and tools
- Trained staff to facilitate your group’s workday
Now scheduling Days of Service through May 2023 in North Sacramento. Available any day (weekday or weekend).
Thanks to our partnerships with Wells Fargo, Sacramento Region Foundation, and SMUD, there is no cost to volunteer during Days of Service! We hope you will schedule a few times to serve with us.
SSP’s Covid Safety Requirements for in-person service, developed by SSP’s Medical Advisory Council, to keep SSP community partners, volunteers, and staff healthy and safe:
- All volunteers and staff will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including an updated bivalent booster (if more than 5 months after primary series), two weeks prior to your workday.
- I will screen members of my group for exposure to COVID-19 within two weeks of volunteering, and will ask them to stay home if they have any exposure to a positive case within 10 days, COVID-19 symptoms, or don’t feel well.
- Negative COVID-19 test required to participate. Test before heading to the work site (preferred using at-home antigen rapid tests), or tests will be available first thing at the work site.
- Please verify vaccination documentation and negative test results prior to arrival.
- Masks are required indoors, but are optional when volunteering outside. We will have some on hand if needed.
- Respect the comfort level of others regarding personal space. As always, ask before extending yourself for a handshake, high five, or hug.
- Remain flexible and open to new procedures. Follow the staff’s lead and ask questions.
Call (916) 488-6441 or email Sacramento@SierraServiceProject.org