Days of Service are available in North Sacramento! Projects will be building a community garden and fence repair and replacement (beginning summer 2023).
Days of Service can be youth, young adult, intergenerational, or adult focused. Everyone 6th grade and up are welcome to join. Youth under the age of 18 need parent permission and youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Sierra Service Project Provides
- T-shirt and lunch (for full days) or snacks (for half days)
- PPE for all volunteers and staff (work gloves, masks, rapid tests – feel free to bring your own!)
- A well-planned project for your group
- All project materials and tools
- Trained staff to facilitate your group’s workday
Now scheduling Days of Service through May 2023 in North Sacramento. Available any day (weekday or weekend).
Days of Service are free for volunteers to participate in. If you or your group are financially able to support free programs like this, there is a suggested donation of $100 per group (for leaders) and $10 per youth, $25 per adult to help cover SSP’s costs. Donations can be made when signing up for the Day of Service.
SSP’s Covid Safety Requirements for in-person service, developed by SSP’s Medical Advisory Council, to keep SSP community partners, volunteers, and staff healthy and safe:
- Screen members of your group and ask them to stay home if they have any exposure to a positive case within 10 days, COVID-19 symptoms, or don’t feel well.
- Negative COVID-19 test required to participate. Test before heading to the work site (preferred using at-home antigen rapid tests that morning), or tests will be available first thing at the work site.
- Please verify negative test results prior to arrival.
- Masks are required indoors, but are optional when volunteering outside. We will have some on hand if needed.
- All Day of Service volunteers are encouraged but not required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including an updated bivalent booster.
- Respect the comfort level of others regarding personal space. As always, ask before extending yourself for a handshake, high five, or hug.
- Remain flexible and open to new procedures. Follow the staff’s lead and ask questions.
Call (916) 488-6441 or email Sacramento@SierraServiceProject.org