Join Us In Person This Summer!
We are excited to announce SSP’s 2023 summer program plans! Youth, young adult, and adult volunteers will work with partner communities in (drumroll, please…) Del Norte County, CA; Sacramento County, CA; and the Navajo Nation (Tsaile, AZ) between June 18 and August 5, 2023! Participants do not need any experience with home repair work or power tools to volunteer. We are thrilled to return to in-person collaboration with our community partners.
Please note that a requirement to participate in our 2023 summer program is that all volunteers and staff must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including the new bivalent booster. Additional safety guidelines will be outlined in registration and preparation materials.
We are immensely grateful for the patience and understanding of the SSP community as we continue to navigate the challenges and needs of our youth and the communities with which we serve. We can’t wait to build with you again.
If you or someone you know might like to volunteer with us next summer, you can now register where space is available!
Who Can Serve?
Volunteers of many ages can participate – no experience required! Traditionally, our program is youth-centered. In recent years, we have added more intergenerational options for young adult and adult groups who would like their own service-learning experience.
- Middle Schoolers:
- Incoming 6th grade through incoming 9th grade
- Can participate in any middle school, combined, or intergenerational sessions
- High Schoolers:
- Incoming 9th grade through graduating 12th grade
- Can participate in any high school, combined, or intergenerational sessions
- Young Adults:
- Ages 18-22
- Can participate in any intergenerational sessions
- NOTE: Any young adults who graduated from high school in 2020-2022 are welcome to also attend high school or combined sessions
- Adult Volunteers:
- Age 23 and older
- Adults may either participate as a counselor to youth OR as part of an intergenerational group
- October 5-31:
- Priority registration open
- Info packet available
- Early November:
- Priority placements
- If placement does not work for your group, notify the SSP office by November 15th to receive a refund or credit for the group sign-up fee
- Priority placements
- November 9:
- First-come, first-served sign-ups open
- Per person deposits due 11/30 (for groups receiving priority placements) or upon registration
- Program schedule published
- Additional dates & information in program packets
See SSP’s COVID-19 Safety page for more information and updates.
Read more in the information packet!
Week 1: starting June 18
Week 2: starting June 25
Week 3: starting July 2
Week 4: starting July 9
Week 5: starting July 16
Week 6: starting July 23
Week 7: starting July 30
Note: Both 6-night and 5-night sessions are available. See the program and fee schedules for details.